Saturday, November 2, 2013

I Choose To Sing

Today's Blogember challenge is to share a quotation that inspires you. Although I have many favorites, this one seems most appropriate for this blog.


The full quote is as follows:

"In this life we are all just walking up the mountain and we can sing as we climb or we can complain about our sore feet. Whichever we choose, we still gotta do the hike. I decided a long time ago singing made a lot more sense."

{unknown}


I feel very fortunate that singing has never been a difficult choice, because I love the hike - and the more challenging, the better. Even so, I can't say I've never complained; in fact, my complaints can be downright oppressive to my hiking partner when coming down from a peak that took hours upon hours to reach.

But complaining doesn't get us to our destination any faster. It doesn't make our knees ache any less, and it certainly doesn't make the journey any more pleasant.

Enjoy every piece of your journeys. Happy hiking!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to this. The feeling of accomplishment when reaching a peak outweighs the complaining either spoken out loud or in your head as you journey to the top!

    ReplyDelete